Lead Network Engineer
ThoughtFocus Information Technologies Pvt Limited
5 - 7 years
Gurgaon( Cyber City )
* Network infrastructure configuration, support and management including availability, connectivity, and performance.
* Troubleshoot network issues and ensure rapid resolution
* Work closely with members of the applications and systems teams
* Provide support to the IT service desk and Infrastructure support teams
* Maintain detailed and up-to-date documentation
* Coordinate vendor escalations and support for critical issues, acting as a bridge between the vendors' engineering resources and internal staff
* Assist in the development of standard operating procedures for network operations processes
* Assist in the management of all network infrastructure assets
* Work on IT projects as assigned
Core Technical Skills Required:
* Strong analytical and network troubleshooting skills.
* Design, planning and implementation capabilities for large enterprise projects.
* Experience with network tools (sniffer, syslog, NetFlow, TCPDUMP, Wireshark etc.).
* Professional network certification (CCNP, CCIE, etc) a plus.
* Automation and scripting experience with Ansible, Bash or Python a plus.
* Experience with Linux system administration a plus
* Hardware: Cisco routing/switching/firewalls (all models), Palo Alto firewalls, Meraki WiFi, Riverbed, F5 LTM/APM
* In depth understanding of the following protocols and technologies including: BGP, MPLS, OSPF, VRF, 802.1Q trunking, etherchannel, spanning tree, VTP
Required Qualification & Experience:
* Product Knowledge and Industry Experience.
* Strong Relationship Building.
* Customer Service Skills.
* Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* Must be a collaborative team player.
* Over 5 years of proven track record and experience.
* Financial industry experience preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills.
* Excellent work ethic and work product.
* Participate in the network team's on-call rotation.
* Will be required at times to work outside usual hours of business in order to limit user-impact during emergencies, maintenance and upgrades.
Perks and Benefits
Best in Industry
Industry Type :
IT-Software, Software Services
Functional Area :
IT Software - Network Administration, Security
Employment Type :
Full Time, Permanent
Role Category :
Any Graduate in Any Specialization
Any Postgraduate in Any Specialization
Any Doctorate in Any Specialization
VTPNetworking , Network Operations , Spanning Tree , Routing , Linux System Administration , Network Troubleshooting , Hardware , Switching , Trunking
ThoughtFocus is a privately held IT services, software engineering and business process management firm with offices in the US, India and the Philippines. It helps clients in the financial services, manufacturing, education, aerospace and technology industries with their key business and technology challenges. ThoughtFocus brings critical program acceleration to client initiatives while minimizing costs and risks with intellectual capital, technical and process frameworks, operating models and software infrastructure
It has 1,900+ employees globally and is growing rapidly across all its offices. In the US ThoughtFocus has locations in California, New York, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Georgia and Texas.
As an organization, ThoughtFocus strives to build lasting relationships. ThoughtFocus was founded in 2004 and continues to be an employee owned company with a minority investment from the Blackstone Group.