Principal Network Engineer
Verizon Data Services India Pvt.Ltd
1 - 6 Years
₹ 2,00,000 - 3,50,000 PA
• Maintaining capacity and availability for multiple service environments.
• Ensuring our compliance with all applicable regulations.
• Managing security/access control and licensing and overseeing vendors.
• Delegating work to senior and junior compute virtualization engineers and storage engineers.
• Provide Tier 3 technical support level for customer's Global network environment including but not limited to network incident identification, documentation, escalation and resolution;
• Provide data network advanced technical support and direction to Tier 2 engineers in a Network Operation environment 08 years of hands-on experience in Network troubleshooting and configuring routers and switches (LAN/WAN/Wireless environment), have an advanced understanding of the OSI model, including TCP/IP, client/server designs, routing protocols (including but not limited to OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), LAN technologies (including but not limited to FDDI, Ethernet, Wireless, VLANs, NAT, ACLs, QoS), WAN technologies (including but not limited to Internet, ATM, MPLS, Frame-Relay, ISDN, private lines). 2+ year of hands-on experience in troubleshooting SDWAN (Software Defined Networking) and Virtual Network Services type of technologies Provide Tier 3 support for highly escalated incidents
• Responsible for projects related to customer security Vulnerabilities/Audit assessment. Engage on customer s network projects to provide inputs from Operations perspective.
• Acts as Operations representative on the discussions related to new Verizon products to be launched. Engage on the Bids process to review the technical requirements.
What we re looking for :
You have the ability to successfully organize and direct the execution of major projects. You ve got exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills, and you re a whiz when it comes to managing and planning operational budgets. You take real pride of ownership in the infrastructure environments you run.
You ll need to have:
• Bachelor s degree or four or more years of work experience.
• Six or more years of relevant work experience.
• Experience with converged/integrated compute infrastructure systems, including requisite network knowledge. Specifically, Cisco UCS.
Even better if you have:
• Bachelor s degree in information systems or engineering.
• Demonstrated capability to successfully create and manage programs for infrastructure lifecycle processes such as capacity, availability, configuration management, and access management.
• Thorough understanding of interdependencies and protocols across compute, network, and storage technologies.
• Experience with compute virtualization systems. Ideally, VMware or vSphere.
• Experience managing an environment(s) with thousands of hypervisor instances running on compute blade systems and hundreds of enterprise class storage arrays.
• Experience with enterprise class storage systems, storage networks, storage management systems, and replication technology with products from NetApp, EMC, HP 3Par, Cisco, or Brocade.
• Knowledge and experience with ITIL including practical application of ITIL processes. Ideally, with ITIL v3 Foundation Level certification or higher.
• Experience with OpenStack based cloud computing infrastructures.
Industry Type :
Functional Area :
IT Software - Network Administration, Security
Employment Type :
Full Time, Permanent
Role Category :
Any Graduate in Any Specialization
Post Graduation Not Required
Skill Required -
Wireless , VMware , Ccie , Configuration management , LAN , EMC , Customer service , Virtualization , Technical support , MPLS