CEH which is the abbreviated form Certified Ethical Hacker is basic course to do if you want to build up your career as a cyber security professional. So CEH is basically the certification which is valid globally and to get certified you have to get trained either from EC-Council directly or from any EC-Council affiliated centre. It totally depends on you which method you will choose but both the method are valid in real life scenario and in your professional career. CEH provides you different type of security techniques which are must needed in your cyber security career.
The topics which are covered by CEH:
• Key issues plaguing the information security world, incident management process, and penetration testing
• Various types of footprinting, footprinting tools, and countermeasures
• Network scanning techniques and scanning countermeasures
• Enumeration techniques and enumeration countermeasures
• System hacking methodology, steganography, steganalysis attacks, and covering tracks
• Diff¬erent types of Trojans, Trojan analysis, and Trojan countermeasures
• Working of viruses, virus analysis, computer worms, malware analysis procedure, and countermeasures
• Packet sniffing techniques and how to defend against sniffing
• Social Engineering techniques, identify theft, and social engineering countermeasures
• DoS/DDoS attack techniques, botnets, DDoS attack tools, and DoS/DDoS countermeasures
• Session hijacking techniques and countermeasures
• Di¬fferent types of webserver attacks, attack methodology, and countermeasures
• Di¬fferent types of web application attacks, web application hacking methodology, and countermeasures
• SQL injection attacks and injection detection tools
• Wireless Encryption, wireless hacking methodology, wireless hacking tools, and wifi- security tools
• Mobile platform attack vector, android vulnerabilities, jailbreaking iOS, windows phone 8 vulnerabilities, mobile security guidelines, and tools
• Firewall, IDS and honeypot evasion techniques, evasion tools, and countermeasures
• Various cloud computing concepts, threats, attacks, and security techniques and tools
• Different types of cryptography ciphers, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), cryptography attacks, and cryptanalysis tools
• Various types of penetration testing, security audit, vulnerability assessment, and penetration testing roadmap
So basically if you do the CEH training you will get to learn all of this. You will learn how to penetrate a system or a network or a webserver as well as how to mitigate against this kind of attacks.
So if you say job opportunities of a CEH, it is very much needed in today’s world as everything is becoming nowadays online and we need to protect the data from theft. So here comes the role of a CEH who will protect the data as well as the system and network from hackers. Basically as a CEH you need to be very knowledgeable about different types of technology and you need to be get updated with the recent technology they are using otherwise you will not be able to survive in this race. This is because you do not know the hacker personally and they can use any programming language they want. So in order to protect the cyber world you must be familiar with different types of programming as well as technology and by this we you can defend as well as you can do offense.